Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Preciousssss - part one...

I've received my first author copy of The Architect of Song, and behold the beauty! 



I love all my story babies when they're born into the world as real books, but this one has a special place in my heart because every design aspect--the cover, the interior, the font style--was personally overseen (and in the case of the chapter headings, made) by me. And I learned some things, too! Like next time, I'm making the font .5 smaller, and I'm going to find some pretty end papers to complete the interior art. It's been a fun learning experience, and I look forward to getting started on edits and designs for book 2 of this series sometime in the next few months. :)

If you haven't heard the story behind this book (how the premise idea came to me, my journey to find it a publishing home, and why I ultimately chose to indie-pub), you can go check out the FAQ here on my new adult website.

Also, stay tuned because tomorrow I'm sharing pictures of my RoseBlood arcs (they're finally here!) in the second part of this post: The Preciousssss - part two. I'll also have some insider sneak peeks into the 2017 hard cover's interior design and ink color. 

Hope to see you then!

6 comments:

  1. I soooo need to grab me the paperback of this one too because my Anita shelf NEEEEEDS it and it looks so pretty!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili! I can send you a signed AoS bookplate for it, if you like. That way it's "autographed." ;)

      Delete
  2. So exciting!!! Love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to tell you how much I loved the chapter headers. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I had fun designing those. I can't wait to make end pages for the next book. :)

      Delete